Monday, June 27, 2005

Well, it has been a number of days since the last time I posted something to the blog. Eva remains well and continues to grow and change every day which is very cool.. It is so amazing to see how she grow each day and how she is able to do something different. Tonight, Margaret and I have just been mesmerized by how she was able to hold on to her toy giraffe. I am left wondering if there is an age that Eva will get to where we will stop noticing these subtle but amazing things.

The other thing that has happened in the last days is that the British and Irish Lions got absolutley thumped by the New Zealand All Blacks. I hate to say i to you so but I did tell you all so in a previous blog entry that I thought they would get beaten based on the team selection. The game play by the British and Irish Lions was simply awful. their inability to win their own line out and their lack of dominance at any break down was what ruined them. Their lack of ball retention meant that I don't think we even got to see our wingers get the ball once through the game. It was a disgraceful performance played by a team that should never have been. Shame on Sir Clive Woodward for his team selection. however, I will give him credit for standing up and saying that he is somewhat to blame and the he did make mistakes in picking his team.

Tonight we said some farewells to Pauline at church. We had a pot luck and some of the most yummy food was brought along. We winged a bit of a program and asked people if they wanted to saying anything to Pauline. There were a long line of people that had some amazing things to say to her. You know, she arrived here in Port St Lucie and was still Wee Polly from home but over the course of her gap year I have seen her grow and become a strong woman of God. Pauline, I know you are reading this and so I say to you well done. You have grown in ways that neither of us could have imagined. I said to our church before you got her that this year was never going to be about what we could get out of you but more about what we could do for you and how we could be the next stage in your discipleship. I think we all won on all counts because you have given so much and have grown so much. praise God for the heart that He has placed in you. Never stop moving forward with him Polly and always make those leaps of faith and always remember what faith is!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I will call it quit for tonight in terms of my words and I will let the images we have caught on our camera create any remaining words that need to be said.

Blessings

Charlie

1 comment:

Polly said...

You're lucky you're so good with words cause I really was going to cut you down on the miss use of this blog. Thanks for everything. Please keep udating me on Eva and all her many triumphs. I know you'll be dying to talk about her so I'm always here to listen.
Love Polly xo.