Thursday, June 23, 2005

So, today we took Eva on her first shopping trip. We are in America and what kind of first shopping experience would it be if we did not take her to Walmart. We got there and everything was going swimmingly until Eva realised that she was awake and that she did not like it one little bit. margaret and I had split up - I was looking at birthday cards for some people back home and she was getting some other thing. So there I was all alone, trying my best to keep the cart moving because that was all that seemed to keep her quiet. Then it happened, I was forced to stop and Eva let out this loud cry, letting everyone know that she was there and they better pay attention to the big guy pushing her cart around. Okay, maybe I am using some dramatic license here but, she definitely cried loud at Walmart tonight. We had to lift her and get her to sleep so she would remain quiet while we got a few bits and pieces. She did and we did and it all ended up good. I took a picture for you to see.

After that we got home, Margaret fed Eva while I took the stuff we had bought and put it all away. We got some dinner then I was off to a mission trip meeting and then youth. The mission trip meeting was okay - I realised that it is only about ten days until our trip starts and I have got bucket loads of stuff to do. No doubt it will get done, even though it might be a bit of a rush job. After that meeting we had our first youth gathering in a couple of weeks. I was teaching the kids from John 3 where Jesus meets Nicodemus and tells him he must be born again. I guess I really wanted those kids to come out understanding what actually being born again is all about and seeing the Christian experience as a rebirth of the soul, a fresh start and a new beginning. I think that some of them got it - I hope they did. They are a great bunch of kids, I love them so much and love getting to work with them. may God grant all of us who work with them the wisdom and guidance we need to make a difference in their lives.

Okay, Eva is stirring and Margaret has been with her all day long. I am going on daddy duty - what an honour.

Blessings

Charlie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She really is the cutest little girl.