Evening all
I just got to watch the Lions playing against Southland in New Zealand. pardon my french but they were shite. I have been closely following the Lions Tour to New Zealand and have finally been disapointed with most of their performances. These are supposed to be the cream of the professional crop in Northern Hemisphere rugby but they just don't seem to be cutting it. After watching this match I came on here to read the news that China Doll Wilkinson has been selected as one of the starting centre's for the test against New Zealand. I am disgusted with some of Clive Woodward's selections
British & Irish Lions: Jason Robinson; Josh Lewsey; Brian O'Driscoll (captain), Jonny Wilkinson, Gareth Thomas; Stephen Jones, Dwayne Peel; Gethin Jenkins, Shane Byrne, Julian White, Paul O'Connell, Ben Kay, Richard Hill, Neil Back, Martin Corry.Replacements: Steve Thompson, Graham Rowntree, Danny Grewcock, Ryan Jones, Matt Dawson, Will Greenwood, Shane Horgan.
The wing and full backs I agree with, Woodward has picked the best that he has with him. I have already told you what I think of the centre selection of Wilkinson. I would have had Henson or Shanklin there. The half backs should have been Peel along with Hodgson. Charlie has done nothing wrong this tour and his kicking and moving of the game have been great every time he played.
In the pack, I am so happy that Steve Thompson has not made the starting line up. I would have him no where near the squad - his throwing has been awful in every game we have played - to the point where we are losing ball at our own line out which is not acceptable. Thank goodness Sir Clive had the sense to pick the Lord of the Mullet at hooker. Second's should be O'Connell and either Grewcock or O'Callaghan. I have seen nothing from Kay that has impressed me.
The back row is perhaps where I am most upset though. Easterby has not put a foot wrong since his arrival to the squad and he deserved a look in somewhere for the test, but it would seem that Clive has an inability to move on from his world cup winning team. Should someone not remind him that that was in 2003 and this is almost two years on????? Hill is a legend and in my opinion one of the greatest players in the recent game but he has not produced nearly what he is capable of in the tour so far. Corry has played okay but I would have had that Welsh kid in there. Ryan Jones played a stormer the other night and he should be given his chance. Martyn Williams will be disapointed to have been ousted by the old man of the tour, but you know, Neil Back played a stormer the other night in his game and he showed that he can still do it. Fair play to him and I hope he does the same job against the All Blacks.
I am sorry to those of you who have no interest at all in the Lions Tour but I really had to vent all of that. Clive Woodward has let British and Irish rugby down in my opinion through his squad selection for this first test at the weekend. I really really hope that I am proved thoroughly wrong, but I cannot see it. I predict that the All Blacks are going to piss all over the Lions on Saturday - our only hope is that we will learn the appropriate lessons from it.
For those of you who read this to find out about Eva and other things in our lives here, I am sorry. She has had an okay day but has not dirtied her nappy/diaper. We are going to have her checked tomorrow if she does not fill it some time tonight. Other than that she is still beautiful and still perfect. Each day she shows us that she is growing either by being more active or by being more alert - it is so cool to see how she just grows. She is blessed with the best and most devoted Mum - I wish you could all see Margaret with her, it is like she was created for these moments. I am so happy and privileged to be Margaret's husband and Eva's dad.
Blessings
Charlie
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment