I never knew this blog was being read by as many people as it is being read by - thats cool but makes me think I should be careful what I write...just joshing!!!!
So the weekend has passsed since I last updated and we have taken a stack of photos of stuff to be shared with you.
Last week I got to spend a lot more time with Eva than I have in recent weeks due to mission trips and busyness at work. It has been such a fruitful week in terms of me being Eva's Dad. When Margaret asked me could I come home early from the office to accomodate her going out for some messages last week, I thought 'Yeah, no problem!'. As I mentioned already, I had all my little plans in place in terms of how I would get Eva to sleep and use the resulting time to myself wisely. It turned out that I had not got a clue what I was tlaking about and neither did I have a clue what I should be doing with or for Eva. I was literally calling Margaret every ten minutes asking her what it was I needed to be doing. Thankfully it is experience which teaches us and I have learned a thing or two in the last number of days and I feel much more equipped now to look after Eva - realising that that time is her time and not mine!!!!!! I actually am loving the time we get together now. It is time where I get to see how she is developing and the cool new things she can do. She has developed this very cool smile/giggle, she is able to focus on us and look into our eyes, her muscles are developing and strengthening all the time - to coin an American phrase (which I feel I have the right to do given that I live here) it is way cool!!!!
The weekend was a fun time. I got to take the kids from our youth group to the Rapids Water Park - www.rapidswaterpark.com - in West Palm Beach on Friday morning and afternoon. It was a fun day out. I reckon the youth could have stayed there all day but we came back for around 4.30pm. I got to chill out in the Lazy River at the park and go on a few of the slides - water parks are cool - though on Friday it was a full house, I am hoping that when/if Stevie visits in the next couple of weeks I will be able to take him there and the kids of Florida will all be industriously attending school again after their summer break. If that is the case I will be able to report more on the cool rides and slides there. Friday night we were supposed to go to the local Baseball park and watch the St Lucie Mets in action. This is the closest we get to any major sports in our area. It ended up being very hot on Friday night and we decided that it was not going to be comfortable to be sitting out in and thus skipped on it. Staurday morning I had a meeting for an event that I will be involved in this coming September called the Walk To Emmaus - www.upperroom.org - The meeting went well and I am glad that I am a part of this team. more will follow on this as the weekend gets closer.
On Saturday night, Margaret, Eva and I went to our good friends Pam and Eddie Szymczyk's house for some dinner and a visit. This was also going to be the venue for the second Championship Pictionary game between the ladies and the men. In the inaugural match the girls won in a very closely fought match and to be honest it looked like they would win again this time. They stormed out of the blocks to build up a commanding lead getting half way around the board while the men were still stuck on the first couple of spaces. It took us a while but we eventually got our game together and started to catch up on the ladies. After the half time 'Feed Eva and go to the Bathroom' break the girls again drew themselves into a reasonable lead leaving the guys for dust. But as predicted by the men in the pre-game smack talk, we came back and passed the ladies, marching our way to a great victory. They are trying to claim a 1-1 in the series but as men we know in our hearts that we are the current and defending champions of pictionary.
On Sunday we had church as normal in the morning and youth as normal that night. In between however, the church put on a post birth baby shower for Eva. It was so humbling to see all the brothers and sisters of our spiritual family turning out to celebrate the arrival of Eva in this world. Each of them were all so generous and Margaret and I were deeply humbled. We had a lovely time together and I got to debut a wee song that I had written for Eva. I will post the lyrics for you next time I write. I will also put up some pictures for you.
Today we have lazed, tidied, shopped for some essentials and watched The Closer - a very cool new drama on TNT here in the States. Not much to write about today.
I have probably written enough anyways for now. I know some of you don't like to read a lot!!!!!
Blessings
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
those crazy women they scared me
whats the score now howd the last one go on sat nite?
it was 2-1 in the series to the men who made the wheel and built the eiffel(?) tower...
that is so cute
Post a Comment