Saturday, July 22, 2006

Yesterday was another fun day for the Floridians in Northern Ireland. They continued their training and fellowship at Methodist College in belfast. I was again honoured to be able to lead one of the training sessions in the afternoon. It was well attended and seemed to go well.

After this session all the youth and Mike and Diane met me outside the main hall. I had been able to secure use of East Belfast Mission's bus and thus would have enough room to be able to take everyone to our house for dinner. The extra surprise was that John and Renee were in town and we were able to extend an invitation to them and so last night we had a full house at dinner time. Margaret was amazing as usual and managed to put out a feast of pizza, potato wedges, bread rolls, chicken wings and lasagne for everyone. We had a fun time having everyone here and I think it menat a lot to the youth to see where we live. After food, the guys went outside and starting playing bungalow in the back garden, it was so cool because Eva just got herself right in the middle of it and was clapping and dancing away.

After this, I drove everyone back down to Methody where the all the missionaries would be commissioned in a special service. It was a speecial and blessed time for all that were there. The worship music as well as the preaching where of the highest standard and the presence of God was extremely evident. I was privileged to be asked to pray for all the participants of Summerserve. The service finished with us all sharing in the Lord's Supper together and some more worship. It was a moving church service - possibly the most moving I have been to in a long time - there was a real sense of call and purpose upon all the young people gathered as well as a strong feeling of prayerful support from the hundred or so other people that had come to the service. It really was an awesome time and I feel blessed to have been a part of it all.

I have some pictures of the youth at our house for you.

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Charlie. It looks like all are having a great time. They must have been so happy to have time with you at your home. And God Bless Margaret, I am sure that a dinner party for 17 must have been a bit of work, but I am sure that all appreciated it.

Nice pic of Amanda'a butt. Ha Ha.

Kim

Polly said...

So the service was in methody? Looks like they're all having fun.