Today was a fun day with the team from Port St Lucie. they began their training at 9am this morning and have been hard at it all day until after 9pm tonight when I finished with them. All the youth seem to be having a great time as they walk through their new daily routine here. Keep praying - I know God is at work in their hearts.
I got to speak with the whole group a couple of times. Youth For Christ here in Northern Ireland have very graciously asked me to be part of their training team for the Summerserve programme and so I was really honoured today to get to provide two of the training sessions for the young people. This afternoon I spoke with everyone about sharing our faith. It went well and seemed to be understood by most.
This evening I was asked to talk about cultural differences between Northern Ireland and North America. It was a harder talk but it seemed to go down reasonably well and we were able to work our way through things. It felt really good to be part of it all with our youth - I am thankful to Allan at YFC for asking me to come and speak. I have one more workshop tomorrow on how to live in community - I am pretty excited about that.
Tomorrow night the youth will be commissioned for their two weeks of mission and service at a service which I would imagine will be pretty awesome. margaret, Eva and I will go along. We are hoping to have the crew up to our house for some eats before that - though they don't know about that, it's a little surprise as we are still trying to make sure we can get them all here before we tell them officially. Hope it will work out for us - I just have to borrow the bus from East Belfast Mission which should not be a problem - here's hoping!!!
After the trainign sessions tonight and this afternoon, Margaret, Eva and I just spent some time hanging with the kids, I took the guys down the road to get some pizza and then we arrived back to find the girls all hungry - how much pizza did the guys get? Not as much as what we had planned thats for sure!!!! But at least everyone got something! After we had got the pizza we were walking back to the car. I managed to break some wind as I was walking and I apologised and said, 'Oops, I stood on a frog." This is terminology used when announcing that you have passed wind, I think it is something to do with the sim ilarity in sound between farting and stepping on a frog. Anywhooooooo, So I am walking, I do the deed and I say the words. The guys plainly don't get it and they stop, turn around and look back hoping to find a dead frog. It was hilarious for me and then them also after I explained it to them.
Tomorrow should be another good day for them all. the weather has been amazing for them - almost too hot which is weird in this country.
I shall update more tomorrow night
Blessings
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Charlie,
Kim here. I am so thankful that you could provide this update for us. Also I am extremely excited that you were able to spend so much time with the youth. As I read your post I shuttered with goosebumps as I was soooooo excited for everyone.
When I came to pictures that included amanda I screamed and my mother (who I am visiting) came running "what's wrong". We then went over every inch of your blog.
These children will never forget you or all the things you have taught them.
Please pass my love on to Amanda, tell her Mercury (the cat) is doing fine.
God's Blessings to everyone
Kim Smith
"programme" "honoured"- what do u think u are- a dirty brit?
oh yea.
Ron would be proud of you for the frog comment, though on Buchmeyer Lane, they're known as "barking spiders". I would've loved to see the kids' faces after that one!!
totally hilarous...
what a great group of kids...I'm really glad that you and marge are getting to work with them at least once more. very cool.
You guys are terrific :))
It was such a treat, to get a peek at their smiling faces this morning, and know that they are under your good care and look like they're loving it.
Asa laughed when he saw the guitar...he said Doug brought a little guitar over with him, but it looks even littler when Charlie holds it.
Kiss my babies for me if you see them, and your pretty wife, too!
Post a Comment