Well, many weeks have passed since my last update here. It has been hard to get the time to reflect and write. It has been so long that I actually don't remember the date of the last update. Hold on and I will check...30th March??? Wow, I never thought it was that long. Anywho, the month of April has been a strange one. We got the keys back for our house on 2nd April and have had a bit of a hectic time since then. The house was in a very dirty state when we got back in and so we cleaned. We then decided that we would put a new bathroom in the house. So our cleaning was wasted as we created lots more dirt in the demolition of the old bathroom. To cut a long and painful story short, we are now at the stage were we are ready to install our new bathroom stuff and make it look a bit more like the way we want it.
I have had a couple of preaching engagements that have woked out well. I also got to help lead worship at East belfast Mission for the first time since our return. It was cool to be there playing my guitar again and singing.
We also have spent a couple of weekends up in portrush, where Margaret's mum and dad have an apartment. One of the weekends was just beautiful. The waves were crashing onto the beach for the whole weekend and just looked stunning.
Still no movement on my plans for September - it is a horrible waiting game were I just need to find and exercise some patience. Please keep that situation in your prayers.
I joined the gym a few weeks ago and have been working out a lot with my best mate. It has been amazing to get to spend time with him in that way. I have been realising how much I missed Stevie when I was away - it is almost like I was so busy working in Port St Lucie that I did not have time to fully miss people from home. Now I am home and I have the time to think more about the people that I have left behind in America and I really miss them too. Don't get me wrong, I love home and love being here, but missing the folks that have been a major part of your life for the three years that we were away, is just very real right now.
Eva is amazing. She is just changing every day and going from strength to strength. She is very close to walking and is regularly standing up on her own without holding on to anything for support. her faces are the funniest thing in the world and she has developed this beautiful habit of hugging us as we hold her or carry her. She remains as social as ever and always has a smile for everyone she meets. She loves her grandparents so much and is having a lot of fun getting to know aunts, uncles and cousins. We have been taking extra pictures of all the family so we can post them here for you and for her to look at when she grows up.
I will finish here for now - there is probably so much that I could write and should write, but I really am having trouble thinking of it all.
Blessings
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I MISS U GUYS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha
love ya
rachel
ps- rachel and kenny are 'going out'!!!!
HEK YES I AM
rachel and kenny aren't going out anymore.
Post a Comment