Evening all!! Been a somewhat uneventful couple of days since my last update which seems kind of strange given that I have spent two of the previous three weeks to this one on the road for mission trips. I have either been at the office catching up on stuff and getting ready for youth sessions or I have been at home with Eva and Margaret. I have also stayed home alone with Eva for a couple of afternoons in a row to let Margaret out and about and to get messages that need done, done.
I already said in the last post that I don't know how Margaret does it - and after a couple of afternoons with the wee one, I am still of that opinion. Me being the smart alec I am had it all worked out. I would feed Eva, burp her and then let her fall asleep. Once she had fallen asleep I would sneak her into her bed and lay her in the cot (crib for American readers!!) and I would escape for some snooze time or some gaming time on the computer or even a phone call to home. Well, my Granny Charles used to say that as soon as you made plans there would be someone to come and walk through them for you. Eva had plans of her own. The nice way of putting it is that she missed me while I was away and wanted to be awake and spend as much time as she could with her Dad. The not nice way to put it that she knew my plans and then stayed awake on purpose to thwart them!!!! Whatever it was, it did not go according to my well laid out plans. I am sure all the parents that are reading this are laughing at my apparent stupidity. Regardless of her thwarting of my plans, she is still beautiful and still perfect. Have I mentioned that Eva has gone from her birth weight of 9lbs 11ozs to 14lbs 6ozs in just seven weeks??? She certainly is loving her milk juice and is growing very fast - we had her out with us yesterday for lunch and the waitress came over and looked at her and said, 'Let me guess, I don't think I have lost it yet...she is four months old!'. You should have seen her face when we told her that Eva is still less than two months olds, it was a real picture.
Other than that there is nothing major happening.
Oh yes - for those of you who have been grumbling about how much I was writing about rugby you will be glad to know that the Lions Tour of New Zealand is now over. They lost the series 3-0 and really were out played. So there will be no more words about the beautiful game for a while. For anyone that is interested more in the lions you can check out their official website - www.lionsrugby.com
So I will call it quits there - people have also been complaining about the length of my ramblings. We aim to please!!!!!
Blessings.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment