So you know how I said yesterday was one of those days that you never want to have to live again in life ever, ever? Well today was like Groundhog Day. I am serious, I could have been Bill Murray in that movie because it seemed that it was all the same as yesterday. Remember the paperwork I was telling you about and how it had been the bain of my day and caused me much stress and an increased heart rate? Well today I got into work and thought that I was lined up for a day free from the stress and strain of retreiving paperwork to get permission and insurance to take our youth group away on mission this week. Everything was in and all the insurance forms had been faxed away and as far as I was concerned I could forget about them and get on with the continued work of getting ready for the trip. How wrong was I? I got there and Gladys told me that the insurance company had received my paperwork and that it was cool except that they had recently changed all their forms and that the ones we had filed were no longer valid. We were to download all the new forms and get them filled out by tomorrow morning -and so my groundhog day began as I started to think about how we might get all this paperwork done legally and have things signed and dated where they needed to be signed and dated. I spent the next couple of hours running around like a blue arsed fly trying to get this done and forgetting about everything else that was on my 'to do' list for the day. Again, to cut a long story short I managed to get it done and have everything signed, sealed and delivered this afternoon (well faxed!!!) Maybe tomorrow I will get the rest of the stuff done.
Today I did not get to see Eva much because of the content of the last paragrapgh mixed with the fact that we had youth tonight at our house. I don't think I have blogged about how cool our youth group is. We have them split into two smaller groups by age and tonight the older kids were round at our house. We are moving through some preparations for the mission trip together at the minute which is coming up for them in a couple of weeks after I get back from the Middle High mission adventure. In this older group we are developing a bunch of very honest sojourners who are being encouraged to look inward and upward as they try to figure out what the truth and relevance of the gospel is for their lives. I am excited about them going on Mission together and discovering new things as individuals and as a team. I cannot wait until I am able to blog about their experiences and tell whoever is reading what they have had happen in their lives.
Ron and Jen were here for youth tonight and then stayed for a while after. This time last year we were living so closely and spending so much time together and because of a number of factors - baby and new house etc, etc - we just don't get time together like we did. Tonight though we recreated a little bit of last year and got to spend some time together to talk and laugh and drink, play guitar and piano and eat pizza (much to the chagrin of Margaret). We also got to take some pictures which Jen's mum Marsha has been requesting we take - one is of me holding Eva's wee head in my big hand and the other is of me playing the lovely Piano that Ron and Jen gave us last year. You should be able to see them above this post!!! Ron and I also jammed tonight for the first time which was cool. Kudos Ron and Charlie!!!!!!
Okay - tired and going to bed, enjoy this pictures.
Blessings
PS - It's cool to be a sap!!!!
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment