Hi
Finally it seems there is a bit of breathing space in life. The last academic year has been good if not a little intense, but it is all over now for a couple of months. Jackson has been born and is now a staggering 7 weeks old. he is holding his head up and even managing a cute wee grin. Eva is coping in an amazing way with the massive change that has been thrust upon her. She is so protective of Jackson. Just last week a friend of Margaret's was visiting and I was in the kitchen with margaret getting some dinner ready when Jackson started to cry. Margaret's friend got up to go and lift Jackson and Eva simply said, "My Daddy will lift him when he is finished." This is only one story out of many in the short life Jackson has had where his big sister has looked out for him in such a way. We are proud parents of two amazing children.
Writing like this causes me to sit back and breathe a huge sigh of thankfulness. I have much to be thankful for on this journey I am on - a wonderful wife, two amazing kids, a house and cupboards full of food, the ability to move around and exercise, the most amazing friends, a solid network of support. The list goes on and on and on. Who am I thanking? God - the giver and sustainer of life, the One who walks with me in good times and carries me in bad times. God never leaves me: even when i think I am hiding he is there and that is comfort. Thank you God for all you have been, are and will be in my life and that of my family.
I should stop there really but I have some other news - exams have been passed and I am now on the way to second year of this degree without any resits. Woo hoo.
1st August sees us heading to Florida for a month. We will be holidaying there and I will also be fulfilling a placement with our old church there. I am very excited about this prospect in that I will be getting to experience ministry there in a different way from that which i have known in the past. During the month I will be teaching a bible study series on some o fthe Parables of Jesus as well as preaching on two of the Sundays that we are there. As well as this I will be engaging in some visitation and possibly some work with the local Hospice. It's all very exciting to be able to re-connect with old friends and also engage in developing my own ministry skils - and all in the muggy August heat of Florida!!!!
We have taken other photos of Jackson and Eva though not as many as we did when Eva was born - there really is much less time and energy with the second one - and as soon as I can get them up on here I will.
Blessings
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment