Sunday, September 02, 2007

Another Chapter Beginning

I have officially lost track of how long it is since I updated, but I am sure it is almost two full months because it is that long since we returned from Florida. Since returning life has been hectic enough, especially in the last month.

Margaret's work has been crazy for her as she has had to cover some of her colleague's work as they have been on annual leave. This on top of her already full schedule has made August a hard month.

On a brighter note, I got my A Level result in the middle of the month and I achieved a A grade. This means that I am now officially ready to go in terms of my Degree studies and ministerial training at Queens University in Belfast - woo hoo!!!

Just before I had that result, we got a very cool visit from John, Renee, Megan and Sarah. We had a good time hosting them for a couple of nights in Belfast before heading up to Portrush to visit some of the cool sites up there. It was a good time to reconnect with them again and also to meet sarah, John's Grand-daughter that we had not previously met.

So as I sit here now typing this, Margaret, Eva and I are getting ready to begin a new chapter in our lives again. This one will be harder for us to adjust to as it will involve both Margaret and I being involved in full time academic or professional lives since before we had Eva. Perhaps the biggest adjustment will have to be made by Eva as she gets used to not having one of us around most of the time. Margaret will have to get used to not having her househusband having dinner on the table at night when she gets in from work. I will have to get used to studying full time and work out how to still be a good house husband even though I am not at home full time any more. We covet your prayers in this time of change and adjustment. I look forward to letting you know how things are.

The last 18 months since returning from Florida have been major for us as we have worked to this point of me starting my actual training. Each day, week and month has been a lesson in the loving grace of God and all of it has been a massive lesson in trusting God and in God's timing of things. When I started the A Level, I did not want to do it and I saw it as a year I had to waste before getting on with degree studies. However, it has been nothing but good for me and I have realised that I needed this year to make the step into academic life again and to get to know myself better in preparation for ordained ministry. God knows better than us and that's what we have to keep focussed on.

Blessings